Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Miracle Boy

It was a night of glamour. A special night that held so much potential for everyone that came. It was painfully hard not to cry. When the time came to leave we walked outside and I finally felt like I could breath. Then with the lights of the city outside our forthcoming car we begin a journey between you and I alone. Desperate for somewhere to find comfort I retreated to a few simple words on a screen between me and a secret. That secret's life was not long lived. I had hurt you. Once the new learned knowledge sunk in, we drove. We drove in silence. We drove in darkness. I drove in fear. …where are we-where are we going-will he hurt me-what’s going to happen-what’s he going to do-will I be okay-will he be okay… To the mountains we went. What it would seem like in daylight would be much cheaper than what was endured in the dark. There is no way any human could prepare their mind for the endless possibilities that a capable man could do to a frail girl up there. We drove to the top. The lines across the cliff we rode could only be done by a frequent traveler. Then all at once, we stopped. With a blink you got up, got out, and got away from the car leaving me alone in the dark. In the silence. There were trillions of choices I had to make a great escape. But the only thought I followed was if you were safe. Barefoot in the dust I walked to where I could follow the sound of a broken character. I found a man on the edge of the rock past the verge of tears. I had never seen a stately man cry. 

“I lie a lot.   I lie to everybody.” 


The tone a voice makes when it’s only choice is to utter truth, even though it’s broken, has the power to break the strongest walls. You spoke the lines straight. Perfectly.


“I could stop now-if I wanted to. I don’t know why I’m doing this-I could stop…”

             “There’s no need to try on your own!” 

Broken-Hit-Complicated-Pushed enough to tilt a delicate scale to a signal side-Regret. But never a loss of courage. 


“No one knows I’m here. That guy driving on that road doesn't even know I’m up here. He’s got his own problems. I bet he’s thinking about them right now. I don’t know what they are. But he’s got them.” 


Balancing on the edge of a cliff was a boy with his face to the city lights. Sitting on the rock in a scarlet dress was a girl facing the darkness of a mountain side, yet she was face to face to the brightest glow within miles. In front of her was a boy giving so much he had forgotten how to take. When you spoke again you told of a home you’re anticipating. Lucky you have that. 


“You speak of home as if you know what that is you’re looking for, something familiar. You’re blessed to have that much.” 


“I honestly don’t know if people will understand how much I really care for them.” 


The presence of a smile doesn't take away the pain of a tear. When you cry you’re only letting go a heart ache from deep inside. No one wants to see another leave them. No one wants to be the reason why. Regret is our constant devil. Chasing us through our minds with no escape from sight. There are people we see every day and we will never have the chance to climb into their minds and find their devils for them. We only get the opportunity to find the miracles they offer us to see from their eye’s imagination. He gave me that. He gave me his sight. I saw the miracles he sees even if he himself will never accept them for the miracles they are. I will always owe that to him, to my miracle boy. 


“You can always count on me to love you.”

“And you will always see me right there beside you.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment