Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Are you listening?

So we talked again, you and I. But I couldn't help but think that all you wanted was to say good night, good bye; and be done. As if calling me up was a job on a to-do list. I missed you though. As I usually do. But I could't get the thought out of my mind that you did for me too. That was a pleasant thought. Although when I would start to tell you a very exciting thing that happened to me today, you wanted to just get up and go away, as if you could. So just one question: Are you listening? You did, however, ask me in the middle of our conversation how I was doing. A simple question. Nothing more. It was something in the way you said it. I believed it. I wanted it to be real. The kind of real that you haven't been showing me. It was real. You asked that one question and it set me free. You haven't done that in such a long time. So I just answered, I'm dong fine. But you would have been able to see the real feeling if you maybe were to be listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment